Last Updated on
How to make a ginger shot
Hey folks, Todd here with ‘How to make ginger juice‘. I’ve been messing around with juicing again so I decided to revamp this page a little with my discoveries.
I love drinking this juice especially if I’ve had a bit of fried food as the sourness of the ginger cuts through heavy flavors. Would you like how to juice ginger into a delicious drink? Read on to find out how…
Ingredients for Ginger Juice Recipe
- 1/2 and inch of fresh ginger- peel ginger before juicing if not organic
- 2 medium apples, cut into quarters
- 1/4 lemon (peeled)
- A few mint leaves (optional)
- 1 cup of water of if you prefer a less powerful taste
Todd’s Top Tips
My top question from your comments and my friends is always ‘Todd, where can I buy exotic fruits and veggies that you use in all your healthy juices?’ Well guys, I try hard to buy local and fresh from farmer’s markets but my best place, especially buying something like ginger root, is to find an Asian or International supermarket. They do sell the best produce and it’s so fun to explore the aisles. They sometimes even have fresh ginger root juice!
How to make Ginger Juice
- Add the above ingredients to your masticating juicer in the order displayed. (Masticating Juicer Expert always recommends to place fruit or vegetables that are smallest or softest into your juicer first, followed by harder produce.)
- I always try to buy organic vegetables if I can. Ginger has been on the Dirty Dozen’s list for years but recently it’s been taken off, although I’m not sure why. If you want to find out which other veggies made the list, check out the link here
- Pour over ice or this recipe is equally delicious heated up on the stove
- Store your organic ginger juice in the fridge for up to three days to ensure freshness. These containers are great!
Top 5 Ginger Juice Benefits
It’s not a very well-kept secret that there are many health benefits to drinking ginger juice. Here are some of the ones I have personally discovered.
- Soothe a sore throat
- Speed up digestion
- Reduce inflammation in joints
- Improve the appearance of skin
- Cures bad breath
Soothes a sore throat
Ginger is known to soothe a sore throat as it contains anti-bacterial properties so it’s a great little remedy if you are suffering from cold or flu-like symptoms
Ginger is super at improving digestion as it stimulates the production of acidic saliva which helps to break down food in your stomach.
The fresh juice of ginger is known for its anti-inflammatory properties and is known to act is a pain reliever especially for stiff joints.
Improve the appearance of skin
Ginger can improve the appearance of the skin, giving it a healthy glow. This could be because it is rich in vitamin c which our skin needs to maintain its health.
Removes bad breath
There is some evidence that ginger can combat bad breath due to its acidic nature killing any bacteria in the mouth that could be present.
What Ginger Juicer Machine did I use?
Juicing ginger is so easy if you have the right juicer. My recommendation for an all-round masticating ginger juicer machine is the Omega J8006 I love its versatility and great looks.CHECK LATEST PRICE HERE